Sunday, May 2, 2010

stop and smell the peonies




one of 5 peony plants in our garden!




Our first rose bloom of the spring.


Peonies are far and away my favorite flower, so I have 5 peony plants in our garden. 2 of the plants I planted from bulbs, and 3 were transplanted from my moms garden when they moved from their house in OKC to the farm. This is the first spring that I have tons of blooms, so they literally fill our house!! I am cutting them as they bloom and bringing them inside to enjoy because we finally sold our house!! We are going to make an offer on the house we want to buy today and will hopefully be moving on June 2nd, if there is anyone out there who is willing to help us move, or keep our child!. We will definitely be having everyone over for a housewarming / July bday party at the end of July.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are beautiful! We have peonies, also. They came from Brent's grandma's house. All of ours are white and I love seeing the different colors.

Congrats on selling your house! That's a big burden out of the way.

Julie said...

Awesome news about the selling of the house!!!
Love the peonies...I don't think I have ever seen those before...beautiful!

DetJessandalltherest said...

Gorgeous! LOVE peonies..!!! Congrats again on your house - so exciting..can't wait to see the new digs.