Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer tacos!


I don't ever post recipes, but Wade and I have been eating these summer tacos like crazy and I wanted to share. The recipe is courtesy of Rachael Ray.

2-3 cups seedless red grapes chopped or quartered
1 red/purple onion finely chopped
1-2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
juice of one lime
salt and garlic salt to taste
one package crispy taco shells
one rotisserie chicken, pull off and shred chicken into pieces

In a medium bowl combine the first 6 ingredients together.
place the shredded chicken in a bowl and microwave about 30 seconds.
Stir in 1/2 of your grape salsa ingredients with chicken. Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Divide the chicken/grape salsa mixture into the taco shells and top with more of the grape salsa.
Serve.

These are so delicious, and there is no baking involved. That is why I call them summer tacos. Enjoy!!

No comments: